Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Goodbye Summer, hello to weight loss again

SUMMER’S almost done and we’re heading into Autumn.  So many people struggle at this time of year.  I’ve had a great summer and have just come back from a late summer break in Portugal with my daughter and I must admit I’m struggling to get back into the groove!

But I’m not alone – I know Summer really throws so many people off course and can be a real problem.

For many of us the problem is lack of routine, especially if we have children.  For others it’s just lack of structure and that’s where I’m at!

I’m craving structure to my day!

While I was away I was thinking of my health and self goals for the next three months and because I know so many people need a bit of motivation, I thought I’d help get us all moving by getting some focus for the next three months.

My Autumn Success Drive is all about having clarity about what you want to achieve and then focusing on the process which will get you there. It’s about taking action and being accountable.

Here’s a video I shot this morning to help you get cracking again!

Now I know some people struggle a little with taking consistent action.

So the first thing we have to think about is what we want – and that’s where goal-setting gives us clarity.

Where are we now and what do we want to achieve?

Is it just that we’ve eaten too much over Summer and our exercise routine has gone out of the window?

Or is it deeper than that?  Is it about emotional connections with food or do you self Sabotage?

Are you holding yourself back in some way?

BE CLEAR and realistic about this! No wishy-washy goals, please.

You must really connect with your goal to make it happen.

So many people worry about goal-setting because reminds them of the past.  But if negativity creeps in, reframe and think differently!

Look on goals as a good thing because they give you the vital direction in which to travel.

They’re also there to give you feedback not to make you feel like a failure!

Use them as a positive tool to discover what needs to be done next if you don’t quite reach them this time.

Remember, goals shouldn’t be obstacles. Use them as something that will give you direction and feedback. 

Next step is that you need to take action – and consistent action is what so many people struggle with. Think of just two small actions which will take you towards your goal.

What’s worked well in the past?

Then get yourself a buddy or partner you can share your journey with – believe me, it really helps with motivation!

Post up your goals below or in Slimpod Club if you’re a member.  Also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter to let me know how you’re getting on.

The post Goodbye Summer, hello to weight loss again appeared first on Slimpod.

No comments:

Post a Comment