ALL of hospital superchef Simon Smith’s recipes for Slimpodders are created with busy people in mind and this week I’d like to share his Salmon en Croute recipe. Enjoy!
SALMON EN CROUTE
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 – 15 mins
4 * 130g Salmon supreme (skinless)
4 shallots (diced)
1tsp. Fresh dill (chopped)
1tsp Fresh chives (chopped)
1tsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
2 *4ply Filo Pastry
- Place salmon fillets on to a plate and season; place the frying pan on a low heat on the cooker.
- Add the 10g of butter and melt, place the salmon supremes in the pan with the skin side down.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and herbs and squeeze ½ the lemon into the pan. Cover the pan, cook for approx., 2 mins, the salmon supremes should be light pink on the outside but still uncooked in the middle.
- Place the Supremes onto a plate and keep the pan with the juice in it.
- On a lightly floured surface cut the sheets of filo in half to make 4 rectangle pieces
- Place a portion of salmon into the middle of the pastry and add a teaspoon of the lemon butter juice from the pan on to each fish.
- Trim the width of the pastry to a centimetre from the tips of the salmon. Fold along the length of the supreme one layer at a time brushing each layer with melted butter and tuck the pastry under the fish to make a tight parcel. Crimp the ends with a fork. Repeat with the other portions and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 190C / Gas 5 for approx. 10min or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh vegetables and new potatoes or couscous . This dish goes great with a helping of garlic and cracked pepper creme fraiche.
The post Chef Simon’s super-healthy salmon en croute recipe appeared first on Slimpod.